Triathlon is a very demanding sport that requires you to keep with all three events of swimming, biking and running. This means that you have to know how you have fared with each training time you get while doing each event. A measuring device is necessary to do this so you will also know how much you have improved or what more you need to do to reach your training goal. The triathlon watch is a must in monitoring your progress. Estimating distance or speed won’t do at all.
Considering that you have to go into the water when swimming, the measuring device should be waterproof. For the biking and running part, the device should still prove useful. It is important that you see your workouts even while you are performing them.
The manual can offer you all the information that you need to familiarize yourself with the features of the Garmin Forerunner 910XT watch. Don’t lose the watch so you can refer to it every now and then if you are confused about something. But if you misplaced it, another manual copy is downloadable at Garmin’s official website.
Garmin fans would surely love the fact that the features found in other models from this manufacturer are also found in the 910XT. It can monitor distance, speed, heart rate, and burned calories. It can be programmed to display the necessary data. Its multi-sport mode can help you set the data to be displayed on the watch’s dial. All its features are neatly accommodated into the sleek body of the watch, including these features:
- Virtual Racer. Use your previous performances or other people’s performances to set your pace so you will feel as though you are racing with somebody.
- Barometric Altimeter. Know how much elevation you have taken when you train in the hills or mountains. Expect real time update of your elevation status.
- Training Effect. Evaluate your progress after your training data are saved in Garmin Connect.
- Run/walk pacing feature. Run and walk as needed without losing track of reaching the finish line at the time that you have in mind.
- Water resistant and functional in the water. Don’t worry about breaking the watch even when you wear it while swimming. It even functions and provides you with swimming-related data while you are still in the water.
All the features of the 910XT are found in the sleek-sized watch without removing other features. This makes the watch a compact one for a triathlete. It even has a lot of measuring features that you can rarely find in other watches, based on the triathlon watch reviews.
- Customizing the data to be displayed on the watch is time consuming. This is due to the variety of data stored in the watch.
- The battery only lasts 20 hours. Long training hours would mean recharging the watch constantly.
- The watch cannot give an accurate measure of distance in the open water.
- The watch cannot measure the heart rate while the user is still swimming.
You can find a wide range of triathlon watches these days. To find the best one, it would help you if you read triathlon watch reviews to make an informed decision.